Being a Yearbook Advisor can be a tough job, but also one of the most rewarding experiences. It starts with having the right tools available to do the job properly. Friesens offers the following resources to help you run an effective yearbook team and build award-worthy yearbooks.
Improve your school yearbook and yearbook program by attending a local Friesens yearbook workshop in your area. Friesens workshop topics include yearbook publishing, how to make a yearbook, staff organization, yearbook design ideas, school yearbook software, yearbook layout templates, yearbook covers, yearbook theme ideas, and how to sell more yearbooks.
2017 Workshops: (Click the link for more information and registration)
- Anaheim Workshop – July 12-14, 2017
- Ontario Workshop – July 27-28, 2017
- Corpus Christi Workshop – July 27-28, 2017
- Eastern Ontario Advisor Workshop – August 30th, 2017
- Winnipeg Workshop – September 29, 2017
- BC Workshop – October 20, 2017
- Annual Editor Summit – Dates TBD
- Northern and Central Alberta Workshop – Dates TBD
The ultimate professional-development seminar designed to educate and help advisors create lasting memories and award-winning yearbooks.
Participants leave with:
- New yearbook cover, design, layout, theme, and sales ideas.
- Yearbook training resources for the classroom.
- Ideas to motivate yearbook students.
- “How to Make a Yearbook” teaching materials and samples.
- A yearbook of your seminar experience and graduating class.
- A yearbook advisor seminar certificate of completion.
We have created a yearbook curriculum with the help of award-winning yearbook advisors. Use this tool to teach your students how to build their yearbook.
This curriculum guide covers topics such as:
- How to Create a Yearbook
- Ethics and Responsibility
- Deadlines and Timelines
- Theme Ideas
- Content and Coverage
- Design Ideas
- Templates and Layout Ideas
- Cover Ideas
- Photography and Visual Journalism
- Sales and Marketing
Talk to your local print consultant on how to get your school yearbook curriculum.