Having trouble getting hired? September 19, 2019
Friesens Corporation is excited to partner with Opportunities for Employment (OFE) and Regional Connections offering residents in Altona and the RM of Rhineland a new training program that will provide participants the opportunity to develop the necessary skills to work in a book manufacturing facility. The program will start on October 9th and run until the 31st, with a potential 4-week work practicum to follow. The program is free for all participants. Please note you need to be available for the screening process on either September 30th or October 7th.
The deadline to apply is Wednesday, September 25, 2019.
The goal of the program is to help interested applicants increase their skills in the following areas:
- Verbal Communication – Ability to understand and respond to verbal work instructions in the English language
- Reading & Writing – Ability to read and follow English written job instructions and to write clear instructions in English
- Digital Technology – Basic computer skills
- Math Skills – Especially the ability to measure
- Critical Thinking Skills – Attention to detail as well as the ability to problem-solve
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity click here for the full details on the program and on how to apply!
We are excited to partner with Opportunities for Employment (OFE) and Regional Connections to make this training possible.