November 13, 2018
Sell it Tips!Why Advertise your Yearbook? Because it provides information! Why Market your Yearbook? You work hard to create it – Highlight it! Promote it! Be Proud! Whether your school provides your yearbook to each student or you Sell It, promote it! Top Sell It Suggestions & *Friesens Tools:
- Provide the option to purchase your yearbook at school registration (This is #1 Point of Purchase success rate)
- Online Store via ConnectMe: Share the link – Your Website, Social Media, Accounts Newsletter, School App push notifications, Grad Committee, Student Services/Council
- Have Friesens create an HTML for mass distribution (social media, e-mail) (place sample of HTML here)
- Parent Letter (found in your Yearbook Kit) – “Kicking it old school” Send home with the report cards, grad packages, etc. – this is very effective
- Friesens Posters (found in your Yearbook kit) – place in Common Areas, Lunch Rooms, The Office, etc.
- Have Friesens create a custom video – this is great to show at Spirit Week, Grade Wars, Prep Rallies, Assemblies, Gym Riots, Grad Meetings, etc.
- Have Friesens create a Screen Saver for Libraries, Labs, Hallways, etc.
- Booths – Sell your yearbook at Parent Teacher Nights, Band & Theatre Productions, School BBQ, etc.
- Sales Blitz work best (2 week period – option to buy)
- Ensure you accommodate the entire community – provide an option for cash in the office
- Always provide details of where to purchase your yearbook and a hard deadline!
- It is okay to Sell Out (“Limited quantities”) – creates hype for the following year!
- The more yearbooks you sell, the less cost per book
- Send communication home
- Know your community and give them the option to buy their Memories in Print