September 15, 2021
As you start to build the 2021-2022 yearbook, it’s a good idea to take some time and review the previous year’s book with your staff. Reflect on how the year went, look at your yearbook and take notes on what changes you’d like to make for this year. Here are some pieces to keep in mind.
• Which events did you cover?
• Are there any events not occurring again this year?
• Are there any new events?
• Did you miss any events?
• What changes would you like to make?
• How many pages did you need for portraits?
• Did you have significant changes to your enrollment?
• Do you need to adjust the number of pages needed?
• Are you satisfied with the book’s design?
• Did it capture your theme?
• Did you like the book?
• Did the students like the book?
Once you have a list of changes you’d like to enact, make a plan on how you and your team are going to achieve these new ideas. Set reminders in your calendar so you’ll be reminded during the busy times when you may otherwise forget.