May 21, 2019
PLANNING AHEAD (Planning for Next Year)
“If you don’t know where you are going, you’ll end up someplace else.”
― Yogi Berra
You’ve made all of your deadlines and your book is submitted to print! Besides your last push for sales, what else is there to do? PLAN ahead for next year!
Tips to be ready:
Clean Up and Organize:
- Clean out your Yearbook room; get rid of out old photos/digital files, posters, layout charts and page ladders, etc.
- Separate and save all files from last year’s Yearbook for your archives; label for access and delete all files that are no longer needed.
- Ensure that all of your program (installations) are running smoothly.
- Gather feedback on the book from your team this year and create an ideas document for the upcoming team.
- What ideas worked for this book? How could the process be better? Tips and tricks for the online program?
- Come up with Cover/Theme and Page Ladder ideas with returning students Role
- Assign specific leadership roles for returning students (i.e.: Editor, Lead Photographer, Lead Page Designer)
- Start planning a Marketing campaign.
- Order your vinyl banners/posters and marketing material in advance for next year.
- Reach out to sponsors and secure money for advertisements.
- Plan an “early” promo price for the next year’s Yearbook sales and put up posters for the last couple of months of the year.
- Check your equipment and assign funds from your Yearbook account. Do you require new cameras, batteries, tripods?
- What can you do before next year to be set for success?
Friesens Yearbook Consultant